1. Link up garden, market and the historical Badel Company management building.
2. New volumes are extended from preserved facades.
3. A new square is created around historical key buildings on the side.
4. New development is placed outside this new square. The building volume respects adjacent building heights.
5. Atrium, courtyard and lobby are planned around existing trees. Atrium is created next to preserved distillery building.
6. Stages created on podium levels for events and performance.
Achieved Urban Values
• Block identity is re-created but with accessibility on ground.
• Strong connectivity is created between key historical building, park and market around the site.
• New development respects the height of adjacent context. Historical building and preserved structure are provided enough breathing space around.
• Existing trees are kept and integrated into program of the development.
• Half of the site is dedicated for a new square for the city. Two atriums are planned around new residential and commercial developments. A park is created by keeping existing trees. All these public spaces are highly accessible along the Badel block perimeter.
Sustainability of the Proposed Solution