FROM URBAN MATRIXES TO BUILDING GRID
We consider the project as a process, that starts from urban identity, in particular morphological, typological and technological ones. In this way the project will became a part of the city specificity.
The project considers urban matrix as principal characteristic. It transforms them in a structural and tridimensional grid, able to answer to the program and urban context.
1. Inversion of space. The design inverts the usual idea of space, starting from gardens and than to building. In this way, open space and relational spaces are the focus of the design idea.
2. Ephemeralization. The project “builds” a space by aggregations of few elements: cells, grid and garden. The iron grid is the structure of the composition.
3. Techno-poetry/ high technology. Technological and formal Avant-garde. The piles of the square are “in movement” and characterized by flexibility of shapes and functions, interactivity with personal network. Also the front of the building is an interactive facade, that could be used as a display where to project moovies, images, etc...
4. Componibility and flexibility: as prototype of the project for contemporary, by the technological and “flexible” structure, the project can be modify place by place or personalized in the same places, through different functions. It can also be build in time, by his principle of aggregation.
5. Extensibility of the open design. Thanks to its formal flexibility, the project can be extended in time and in places.
6. Echosophy- ecology: the project use re-cycle materials for construction. In order to that, the high presence of natural spaces ( two gardens, and the vertical gardens on facades), improve the idea of ecology.
7. Re-using: the existing building is active part of the design, and the formal and symbolical core of the project.
8. Re-cycle: all the material are re-cycled. In particular: the wood of opens spaces and the iron of the structure.